Villa Surya Damai’s team of 14 staff reflect the relaxed, family ambiance that makes the villa so special. All staff members are experienced and well trained hotel school graduates with a decent command of English.
Although villa manager is not located at the villa full-time, he will be there to welcome guests on arrival and is always contactable. A savvy and experienced manager, he has a great command of English and is a mine of local information, helping guests with anything from hunting down vintage wines to arranging surf lessons.
- Our experienced chef has previously worked in hotels and restaurants on the island. He impresses with a broad repertoire of Western and Asian dishes and adaptability to suit guests’ varied tastes.
- The villa’s housekeepers also double as kitchen assistants and waiting staff. They are ever-cheerful and happy to help in any way they can.
- Security guards
The team of male security guards work a joint night-time shift, ensuring security and peace of mind during your villa stay.
- Our gardeners do a fine job maintaining the lovely villa grounds and keeping the lawns immaculate.
The excellent chef is highly capable of preparing a wide variety of Asian and Western dishes, from Vichyssoise soup and beef Bourguignon to local delicacies such as fish curry; not to mention teatime treats and whole rock lobster barbecues. He can also easily accommodate children’s choices and special dietary needs. Extensive suggestion menus are provided, but Nengeh is happy to discuss special requests.
To give the cooks sufficient advance warning, it helps to select meal options 24 hours in advance (however staff are always willing to accommodate requirements when able). While the kitchen staff are excellent, they do not have the capacity of a hotel or restaurant kitchen; thus it is very much appreciated if guests minimise the number of dishes ordered at each meal.
Food and beverage charges
Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus 20%++ handling fee. Staff will require guests to provide a cash float for groceries, they will then purchase the goods and present receipts when they tally up final costs.
The family friendly advantages of a villa holiday are many, including access to your own private facilities and the freedom to use them whenever you want. Knowing that the kids can run around happily, independently and safely, without you having to worry about other guests, is a real plus – and one that means parents are certain to have a more relaxed holiday too.
Villa Surya Damai is a great villa for families, however toddlers will need to be carefully supervised around the fish ponds and water features. Younger kids will love exploring the fairy-tale garden and big kids will enjoy having their own tennis court and taking over the upstairs games room/TV lounge. The two twin-bedded rooms are great for kids to bunk down together too, each with two extra pull-out beds.
The team of friendly staff at Villa Surya Damai will make children feel as welcome as adults, and having these willing helpers on hand gives guests plenty of flexibility and freedom to do their own exploring beyond the villa grounds (full-time babysitting incurs a small extra cost).
Although the equipped kitchen allows you to prepare meals for fussy eaters or babies with ease, staff will happily to do this for you – just talk through your requirements and meal schedules with the villa manager or chef and they will take care of the rest. Banana pancakes by the pool for breakfast? Toasted sandwiches in the TV lounge for lunch? No problem. The chef can customise all meals to suit children’s taste buds.
And don’t worry about packing all that cumbersome kids’ equipment for your stay. Just let us know what you need; anything we don’t have in-house (villa facilities include a baby cot, high chair books, games and kids DVDs) we can hire on your behalf (click here to see list of available hire items).
And when the excitement of exploring the villa starts to wear off, check out our Things to do page; there’s plenty in the area to keep all of the family amused throughout the holiday.
Feel like a body scrub or massage? Just ask our staff to bring the spa to you! We can recommend deluxe treatments carried out in the privacy of your own villa by fully trained therapists from a reputable local spa (extra charges will apply). Here’s a sample of what’s on the menu:
- Balinese massage
- Release built up tension with a traditional Balinese massage. Using a combination of gentle stretches, acupressure and aromatherapy oils to stimulate the flow of blood, oxygen and energy around your body, you will feel totally relaxed in no time.
- Foot reflexology
- Foot reflexology is a natural healing art based on the principle that there are reflexes in the feet which correspond to every part of the body. Through application of pressure on these reflexes tension is relieved and circulation improved leaving you feeling balanced.
- Body scrub
- A full body scrub will exfoliate and hydrate your skin leaving it soft and smooth. A rejuvenating scrub combines an abrasive material such as salt, coffee, rice bran or pecan hulls with essential oils to remove any impurities and make your skin glow.
- Our hands and feet work hard for us every day but rarely get the attention they deserve. Treat them to a manicure or pedicure, which usually comes with the added bonus of a quick hand or foot massage.