Villa Surya Damai’s team of 13 staff reflect the relaxed, family ambiance that makes the villa so special. Each staff member is experienced and well-trained and a hotel-school graduate with a decent command of English.
- Villa manager
- Although villa manager, Wayan, is not located at the villa full-time, he will be there to welcome guests on arrival and is always contactable. A savvy and experienced manager, Wayan has a great command of English and is a mine of local information, helping guests with anything from hunting down vintage wines to arranging surf lessons.
- Nengah is an experienced chef, having previously worked in hotels and restaurants on the island. He impresses with a broad repertoire of Western and Asian dishes and adaptability to suit guests’ varied tastes.
- Five housekeepers
- The villa’s housekeepers Nyoman and Budi (male), plus Agung, Putu and Kadek (female) also double as kitchen assistants and waiting staff.
With nearly eight years OF service at the villa, Nyoman is the most senior and is second in command to Wayan. Ever-cheerful and helpful, Nyoman – and indeed, the rest of the team – always has a smile on his face.
- Four security guards
- The team of male security guards work a joint night shift, ensuring security and peace of mind during your villa stay.
- Two gardeners
- Ketut and another Wayan do a fine job maintaining the lovely villa grounds and keeping the English-style lawns immaculate.